We all feel it… the need to get the perfect Christmas presents, have the best decorations, make the best cookies, and be the best dressed. Being the best version of ourselves every day is a good thing! But comparing ourselves to others and feeling bogged down by endless to-do lists is not so great. So, other than just taking life one day at a time, here’s five things I’ve found that help me.
- Make a to-do list! I am definitely one of those people who feels ten times better after making a list of things I need to accomplish. Usually, I make a list for each day of the week. (I personally love to make lists on blank paper so I can do random doodles as well!) Planning my week out has seriously toned down the stress in my life, because I can clearly see what I need to do each day to accomplish my goals for the week. It feels SO good to cross everything off at the end of the day, too!
- Find a good devotional and stick with it. A daily reminder to live for the Lord is so rewarding! It’s too easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle this time of year (which can be good!) But taking five minutes every day to ground yourself can be really rewarding! Ryan and I are going through God’s Wisdom for Navigating Life: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Book of Proverbs by Timothy Keller, but I know there are tons of other great ones out there!
- TREAT YO-SELF! Donna and Tom had the right idea. You gotta treat yo-self haha. I recently purchased this Abercrombie & Fitch pullover and y’all… it’s amazing. I want to live in it because it’s SO SOFT and fuzzy!! This might sound silly, but coming home to a package with a new pullover that makes me feel so cozy can turn my whole day around! I also just purchased a Poinsettia at the grocery store, and I seriously feel like it changed my house. It’s the little things!
I haven’t treated myself to this hat yet but I might have to soon!!
- Exercise. For me, it’s so important to have that time for myself. I personally love to run alone, because it’s pretty much the only alone time I have for the entire day! Being able to get fresh air and a little sunshine seriously does wonders for me. If I’m tired, but push myself to go for a run, I always have more energy afterwards!! Whether you like to walk, lift weights, do spin class, whatever, get out there and do it! Your body will thank you. 🙂
- Listen to your favorite Christmas music. Music always brings back memories, so I love to listen to old albums and remember Christmas as a kid!
I hope this helps y’all if you’re feeling overwhelmed this week! Remember… one thing at a time. What do you do to eliminate stress during the holidays? Let me know in the comments!
And if all else fails… drink a glass of wine haha!