Happy New Year’s Eve y’all! I hope you are having an amazing last day of 2017. This year has absolutely flown by, but I’m okay with that, because it means there’s only five months until I’m maaaarried!! (I’m excited.) Since I’m obsessed with Christmas, I typically get a little sad once it’s all over, but having NYE one week later makes it easier! We get to roll right into new beginnings, and I’m always excited to look back on the past year and evaluate how things went. It’s important for me to reflect on the trips I took, the people I met, and my mental health in general haha. I also take time to ‘review’ myself – how I handled the goals and resolutions I made for myself one year ago. Once I’ve contemplated and reviewed my experiences, it’s time to make some new resolutions!! It’s helpful for me to mull over what made me feel alive and passionate and compare that with what made me feel down or not like myself. Then, I channel those GOOD feeling to make my new resolutions! So here are they are for 2018:
- Consistently workout. Right now I run 3-5 miles 3-4 times a week, and when I’m training for a half marathon, I’ll add a long run in on the weekends. What I really need to add to my schedule is strength training! I’ve recently started doing ab workouts (I’m so sore it hurts to laugh right now haha), but I’m also going to begin lifting (small) weights. I’m pretty weak right now so this will be a challenge haha.
- Continue to Blog Regularly. I’m excited to set certain goals for myself such as posting X times a week, blogging about my beauty/skincare routine, and going out of my comfort zone with outfits that are edgier than what I’ve posted so far.
- Make daily to-do lists to help myself feel more organized and put together. I recently started doing this, and y’all, it has been a *game changer* having everything I need to do laid out on paper. I want to continue to take the time to do this every day!
- Maintain a positive outlook on life every minute of every day. The every minute part won’t be so easy, but it’s something to work towards! My plan is to turn to God when I get discouraged, and remember that he is my Father and I was made in His image. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. – Isaiah 40:31
- Memorize one Bible verse a week. I’ve never done this before, but I think it would be a fun and challenging thing to do, especially with a few friends! Have y’all ever done this before? I would love to hear any advice you have!
Now… onto this perfectly classy jacket. I’m lucky enough to live really close to a J. Crew Factory store. Before Christmas I was doing some last minute shopping for Ryan (trying to find him the perfect flannel haha), when I stumbled upon this coat. I really was trying to not shop for myself, but the coat called my name. I put it on, and I could not take it off. Also, it was 60% off!!!! How can I say no to that?? I can’t. This coat is so warm and flattering!
Tonight, I’ll be ringing in the New Year in my jammies, watching fireworks from Ryan’s parent’s cabin in Granby, CO. (The men in Ryan’s family have a *real* obsession with fireworks, and they have some land out there. That combination = a huge fireworks display haha). What are y’all doing tonight? Whatever it is, I hope everyone has an awesome New Year’s!!